Saturday, October 1, 2011

Knots that I use


    These are the knots that I use. After losing many fish and hundreds of dollars worth of lures, I have tested these three knots in many tournaments and by far have been superior. I like to use knots that are quick and simple, but have super strength. I generally use 30 - 40 lb test braid on my bait casters. I use 8 - 12 lb mono on my spin casters. The knot that works best for me on braid is the palomar knot. This knot one of the easiest knots to tie and, in my opinion, is the strongest knots available. I have tried dozens of knots in my days, but it seems that the simpler the knot, the better it works. Some knots like the blood knot or the bimini twist are ridiculously hard to tie and are not as strong as for instance....the clinch knot. When I am bumping a 20 dollar swim bait off of rocks and stumps, I want to "know" that I did a simple knot right and not a a difficult knot that "might" have a kink or I missed a twist. 
    By no means are the three knots that I use perfect, but I can tell you that for  someone who goes fishing everyday, I have yet to lose a lure or fish from the knot breaking. If you try these knots, I promise you will not be upset. If anyone needs any help figuring out these knots or any other knots, I know this guy named Troy Chabot that can help you out with them :)


Know The Tap!
TROY

No comments:

Post a Comment